Featured post

Please read: What to do if the links to transcriptions don't work

😩  All the links embedded in posts before 1 August 2020 are broken. As a workaround, please go directly to my repository on Google Drive  ...

Friday 28 January 2022

Robinson: A toy (f. I2)

The  fourth and last toy (and my favourite)

Thomas Robinson (c 1560 – c 1610) was a lutenist who published a tutor for lute (The Schoole of Musicke) in 1603. This piece is the twelfth of his works that I have transcribed for low-G ukulele, and will be posting over the next few weeks.



A charming, tuneful little piece with three themes each repeated in variation. I need say no more.

You can view and download it for free here.

Happy plucking!

_____________________________
SOURCE: Thomas Robinson, 1603, The Schoole of Musicke (f. 33? or I2). 
Facsimile at: https://ks4.imslp.net/files/imglnks/usimg/9/9a/IMSLP247275-PMLP401021-Thomas_Robinson_School.pdf