Featured post

Please read: What to do if the links to transcriptions don't work

😩  All the links embedded in posts before 1 August 2020 are broken. As a workaround, please go directly to my repository on Google Drive  ...

Sunday 19 November 2023

Anon (compiled by Matthew Lodge): The Fairy's Dance

 At last! Something easy!

My finding of this charming piece was complete serendipity. A few days ago I heard on the radio Nigel North playing 'The Fairies' Dance' by Robert Johnson. I was searching for it online and found this piece of similar name in The Matthew Lodge Manuscript Nn.6.36 on the Cambridge University Library website.


Matthew Lodge MS Nn.6.36 f. 24v. Cambridge University Library

The only problem with the transcription was that much of the action is on the lower strings of the lute, so I moved everything up by one string. Many of the original harmonies are open, and I have tried to reproduce this in the arrangement.

You can download the pdf of the uke arrangement here.


Have fun!