Featured post

Please read: What to do if the links to transcriptions don't work

😩  All the links embedded in posts before 1 August 2020 are broken. As a workaround, please go directly to my repository on Google Drive  ...

Friday 10 March 2023

Philippus Thomassinus (Filippo Tomassini): Canzone franzese (from lute original)

 A transcription for low-4th ukulele from the original tablature for 8-course lute in Conserto Vago...  

Facsimile at: Museo internazionale e Bibl. della musica, Bologna (I-Bc): V.156 

Please see my post of 13 Feb for the ToC and further info.




This is the final piece for lute in Conserto Vago. The title translates as "French song", but I do not know whether it is a new composition in French style or is an entabulation or variations on an existing song. The beginning reminds me of Le Roy's "Fantasias".

You can download a pdf version for free here.