Featured post

Please read: What to do if the links to transcriptions don't work

đŸ˜©  All the links embedded in posts before 1 August 2020 are broken. As a workaround, please go directly to my repository on Google Drive  ...

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Valdambrini: Corrente Nona

The title page
I'm still mining James Tyler's book on Baroque guitar for pieces to play on the low-G ukulele. This one is a corrente (= courante, corrento), a lively Italian courtship dance.

There are quite a few strummed chords, so you'll be able to spank your plank with this one! There's not too much to worry about. The triplets are very fast, and played as pull-offs. (To get the tempo stuck in my head, I started playing the piece with only the first note of the triplets, and then they seemed not too bad when I came to play them.) Valdambrini didn't specify the nature of the ornaments; see notes at the end of the transcription.

You can find the transcriptions here: