Featured post

Please read: What to do if the links to transcriptions don't work

😩  All the links embedded in posts before 1 August 2020 are broken. As a workaround, please go directly to my repository on Google Drive  ...

Thursday 15 December 2016

Byrd & Dowland: Fortune my foe (P 62)

A popular old song. Words are available on Lyrics Mode.

The first 16 bars are transcribed by me for the uke from a choral version by William Byrd, and the remainder is John Dowland's variation on this theme. There's quite a bit of position playing which helps once you get used to it (I almost have!)

Download the png (p1), png(p2)pdf (preview), pdf auto download, and TablEdit files via the links in the right-hand column, or just copy the image below.



Music tabs Dowland Fortune my foe arranged for ukulele

Music tabs Dowland Fortune my foe arranged for ukulele
John Dowland's lute arrangement of the old air, transcribed for low G ukulele