Featured post

Please read: What to do if the links to transcriptions don't work

😩  All the links embedded in posts before 1 August 2020 are broken. As a workaround, please go directly to my repository on Google Drive  ...

Sunday 3 February 2019

Pickeringe: Thirteen Toyes (short easy pieces)

Jane Pickering[e]'s Lute Book (1616) is a bound MS containing many quite challenging pieces, but between them the occasional "toye" or toy: short pieces that are normally pretty easy and fall under the fingers.




Many of the pieces that I arrange are quite difficult, and I thought that I would post some that I feel comfortable with. So, here are thirteen toyes, put together in a pdf book. All you have to do is to download it and start playing.


Following some discussion, and as an experiment, I have concatenated all the pieces into one file, and then formatted them into on-the-line tabs, which you can download in the following formats:
I haven't been too rigorous in proof-reading the files, so apologies for any boobs. Revised 5 Feb 19.

Note added 3 Dec 2020
These transcriptions are now under revision, as I posted them a bit too rapidly and there are some errors and misinterpretations. I have therefore removed the links.

Furthermore I notice that Scribd have copied the original pdf version onto their site, without my permission and without telling me, and seem to be claiming some sort of copyright. Dirty trick! Don't get hoodwinked. It's a consolation that John Dowland had the same problem.