Featured post

Please read: What to do if the links to transcriptions don't work

😩  All the links embedded in posts before 1 August 2020 are broken. As a workaround, please go directly to my repository on Google Drive  ...

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Dowland: My Lord Willoughby's welcome home (P 66)

This was the first transcription of Renaissance music that I made. I was made aware if its existence by the arrangement for re-entrant tuning in Tony Mizen's book (see 'Resources and links' page).

The version here, for low G ukulele, is after the tablature for lute published by Wayne Cripps.

Below you can see a preview of the tabs. Use these links to download the files: png (p1), png(p2), pdf  (preview), pdf auto download, and TablEdit formats.

It's not particularly difficult, though you might need slightly unusual fingering of some chords to keep the base notes ringing whilst you play the melody.

Tablature for low G ukulele of My Lord Willoughby's Welcome Home page 1
Dowland: My Lord Willoughby, p1

Tablature for low G ukulele of My Lord Willoughby's Welcome Home page 2
Dowland: My Lord Willoughby p 2